Raising Arrows to Impact the World!



Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Happiness in the little things

Happiness is truly found in the simple things.  As I lay there all night having contractions, Hannah decided to sing me a song while she danced about the family room.  I couldn't help but smile.  I praise God that I finally opened my heart to his plan.  Had I stayed my course this beautiful song would not have been sung to me.

Precious is not even the right words.  Priceless. 

We went to the library today and Brooklyn picked up the rest of her books to finish the series.  I say the rest because I think it was 5 or 6 books.  The girl loves to read.  If I am not careful, she will not even come out of her room.  We also started gathering books for the new curriculum we start in January. 

The Kids are excited to learn all about the Revelutionary War.  We start with Paul Revere, Silver Smithing, The Boston Massacre, and The Common Sense.  What boy would not be excited to dramatize the Boston Massacre?  Save us now, I am fearful of how this will play out :)

Kayden, complained all day of sore muscles.  They did sparq training at basketball practice and it kicked his butt.  I tried to explain that 75 push ups will do that.  He of course is ready to be in top shape and take his place as a starter.  The team this year is very tough.  It is made up of 7th and 8th graders.  The 8th graders are all very talented.  Kayden is not settling though, his desire to do the best he can, pushes him to want to be a starter.  I don't know how it is possible but, I believe with the effort he is putting in he just might do it.