Raising Arrows to Impact the World!



Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.

Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Rock and Roll

We have been learning about the Rock cycle and fossils this last week.  It has been interesting to say the least. 

To finish the week off strong we went to the Rice Northwest Rock Museum.  The museum was amazing.  I personally loved seeing all of the fossils.  The kids loved all the gems and precious stones.  The tour guide however, gave up on us after Hannah burst into echoing tears for the 5th time.  Can you say stressful?  The worst part is I knew better.  Who takes an 19 mos. old who has been sick for almost a week to a museum?  Duh! 

We paid to be in there, before the melt down and there was no refunds:(  Although I am sure they wanted us to go.  Adam got stuck by a train and instead of getting there in 20 min it took him almost 45 min.  Which is a lifetime, by the time you pull your wailing daughter off the petrified wood and watch yet another melt down.  The ice age (if there was such a thing) has nothing on Hannah!

I think the kids learned something?  Why am I doing this?  Am I teaching the kids anything?  I don't even remember what I taught them.  Augh!  Then Adam arrived and took Hannah.  Peace at last.  When I looked up Kayden and Brooklyn were working together in the Rock pile.  Looking for that perfect rock to remember our trip to the museum.  The best part is they both picked a blue granite!  Yep, blue pretty much summed up how I was feeling.

I don't think I said more than three words on the way home.  Brooklyn caught me crying as we were getting out of the car.  One thing I can say about her is she is always caring and sensitive to my needs.  She asked me why I was crying.  I told her I felt as though I am a terrible teacher and that this did not go the way I wanted.  She said, "mom this year has not looked like a regular school would have but, we have learned alot.  Like how to take care of the babies, how to clean the house, how to get along(still working on this one), and yes we are learning school stuff.  We learning how to be grown ups and do it all at the same time.  We would not learn that in regular school."  I am excited to see that they are learning practical everyday useful things, not just book knowledge however, the perfectionist in me wants more.

I can't lie and say that I am completely satisfied with our school year so far, but I will continue to strive for excellence.